Dharamshala, Dalhousie and Amritsar Tour
Start the trip by visiting one of the oldest Shiva temple in India and continue to see 8th century Laxminarayan temple in the spiritual city of Dharamshala. Also, visit Khajjiar, Often referred to as ‘mini-Switzerland of India’. Khajjiar is a small town near Dalhousie which provides tourists a unique combination of forests, lakes and pastures. This region also attracts adventure seekers and has a lot of options in adventure sports like paragliding, horse riding, zorbing, trekking etc. The tour ends with the visit at the mesmerizing Golden Temple in Amritsar, the holiest Gurdwara of Sikhism.
Day 1: Arrival to Dharamshala
Arrive to Dharamshala from Delhi/Chandigarh and check-in at your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
Day 2: Dharamshala sightseeing
After breakfast visit Baijnath – the oldest existing Shiva temple in the country ,War Memorial, Kangra Art Museum, Dal Lake, McLeod ganj, St. Johns Church etc. Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 3: DHARAMSHALA TO DALHOUSIE
After breakfast depart for Dalhousie by Road.and check-in at your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
Day 4: Dalhousie sightseeing
After breakfast, full day is at chamba Valley OR take an optional excursion to Chamba valley known for its 8th century Laxminarayan temple and Bhuri Singh Museum which houses a rare collection of Kangra Paintings. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 5: Khajjar sightseeing
Full day sightseeing to Khajjiar, 18 kms from Dalhousie. Its one of the most scenic saucer shaped Plateau and is surrounded by dense pine and deodar forests, its beauty has further been enhanced by a small lake in the center with a floating island and 9-hole golf course here are the other interesting places to cover. Return to Dalhousie and overnight stay at the hotel in Dalhousie.
Day 6: DALHOUSIE TO AMRITSAR
Arrive Amritsar and check in at hotel. Later visit the Golden Temple for Darshan and also visit Jallianwala Bagh. Also visit the India – Pakistan border at Wagah to view the Border Retreat Ceremony. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 7: Tour Ends
Today drive to Delhi or Chandigarh airport / railway station for onward journey.
- 2 nights accommodation at Dharamshala Indraprastha Resort in 3 rooms with daily breakfast and dinner.
- 3 nights accommodation at Dalhousie Grand View Hotel in 3 rooms with daily breakfast and dinner.
- 1 night accommodation at Amritsar Golden Tulip Hotel in 3 rooms with daily breakfast only.
- All Transfers and sightseeing in AC Innova or similar car as per below itinerary only inclusive of fuel, driver allowance, toll, and parking charges.
- Tour can start and end from Delhi or start and end from Chandigarh. Please let us know your preference at the time of booking.
- Any Airfare or Visa or Insurance or meals than those mentioned above.
- Any entrances fees, boating charges. Entrance tickets to national parks except if mentioned, waterfalls, chembra peak, other sightseeing points etc to be paid directly by the customer.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, and laundry bills etc.
- Any tips and porter charges.
- Any additional expenses incurred due to any flight delay or cancellation, weather conditions, political closures, technical faults etc.
- Anything not mentioned in above Tour Package Inclusions.