Maachli Homestay Sindhudurg
Welcome to Maachli Homestay Sindhudurg
Maachli Homestay, situated in beautiful village Parule, on konkan coast and in Sindhudurg district of Maharashtra, offers lovely tropical paradise away from all the hustle bustle of the cities. The Cottages are conceptualized as Maachli which is Malvani term for huts made on heights to protect the crop. While enjoying lush greenery at Maachli homestay, beach lovers can also visit numerous beaches as Maachli homestay is located around 15 minutes drive from number of pristine beaches.
Man gets connected to the bigger world by spending time in the nature. We get relaxed and rejuvenated by listening to the rhythmic sound of nature as wind scrapes its way through the leaves of trees. Sir Isaac Newton discovered gravitational force through his sharp observation of nature. This is how, in the company of nature, seemingly unending confusion in mind finally comes to an end & real intelligence gets liberated. Thus it is very important to go closer to the nature to flourish creativity. Man is part of nature. Due to civilization he has adopted artificial lifestyle but our relationship of blood with the soil is an age old.
Concept: Maachli Homestay’s concept is to tune man’s cord with the nature, to make him/her feel relaxed, rejuvenated and energized, to stimulate his/her verve &vitality, to subside manipulated worries & relieve boredom of modern man who is often eluded by real happiness due to civilization, modernization, industrialization and professionalism.
Experience: Human being in his busy schedule is going away from Nature and to provide him a different experience Maachli ensures that he stays in nature and enjoy every moment of it.Swaying coconut trees, beetelnut trees, mango trees, Banana Trees with the company of birds overwhelmingly welcome you at Maachli.
Accommodation: Maachli means a cottage which is constructed in the farm for stay and observations. Maachli is used in farm during irrigation process and cropping process. It is the education place for children with the experienced elders in the family to learn the farming activities and various processes. During the farming time family stays in Maachli for numerous days.
The Cottages at Maachli homestay are situated in dense coconut, beetle nut, banana and spice plantation with luxurious setting in sustainable way. The cottage has a village hut like look and Spacious balcony open to lush greenery. The Facilities like bed and toilet are provided keeping in mind the needs of international traveler. Staying in Maachli one is away from Urban Civilization and also goes closer to the Nature by way of staying without modern habituates like air conditioner, television etc. Maachli has created, developed and maintained a micro climate which rules out the requirement of air Conditioner and allows guests enjoy oxygen rich air. The water stream which flows through the farm assures fresh and pleasant experience.
Area of the cottage-338 sq feet. Supplies-2 easy chairs in balcony, 2 bath towels, 4 hangers, 2 soaps, copper jar and glasses.
1. Includes stay, breakfast, lunch, evening tea, and dinner (AP Plan).
Double Occupancy Rs. 6400
Extra Adult Rs. 2500 per person
2. Includes stay, breakfast, lunch/dinner and evening tea (MAP Plan).
Double Occupancy Rs. 5400
Extra Adult Rs. 2000 per person
3. Includes stay, breakfast and evening tea (CP Plan)
Double Occupancy Rs. 4400
Extra Adult Rs. 1500 per person
We would love to plan a Happy Trip for you
Please call us on +919820976655/+919821232094 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Payment is 100% in advance for booking confirmation.
2. Booking cancelled before 18 days in prior to the date of arrival will attract no cancellation charges.
3. Booking cancelled between 18 days to 12 days in prior to the date of arrival will attract 25% cancellation charges.
4. Booking cancelled between 12 days to 6 days in prior to the date of arrival will attract 50% cancellation charges.
5. Booking cancelled between 6 days to 0 days in prior to the date of arrival will attract 100% cancellation charges.
1. Guests are requested to carry Photo ID proof, floaters, sunglasses, hat, swimming costume.
2. Walk from parking place to cottage is 150 steps roughly on little uneven surface. Guests have to cross knee high water stream using the bridge of beetle nut trunk. Hence guests are requested to carry minimum required baggage.
3. Mobile network is not guaranteed however guests can use host land line if required.
4. Air conditioner is not provided in the cottage as the temperature is always in the comfortable zone since cottages are surrounded by thick plantation. Temperature is maintained by sprinkling water in the farm.
5. T.V is avoided in order to enhance relationship with the nature.
6. Guests are requested not to disturb Monkeys, Dogs and Birds etc by feeding or scaring them.
7. Guests are requested to co-operate in taking care of plants, fruits, and flowers.
8. We do not offer room service and no eatables are allowed to be eaten in the cottage Since cottages are located in plantation area there are chances of entry of ants, rats to eat residue or leftover. Eatables can be eaten in the dining area.
Activities at Maachli Homestay:
1. Village tourism Activities:
We take you through village society which is called “Avaath” to experience grand heritage of old style Konkani houses and superbly built mud houses. Friday is the day of weekly Bazaar (Market) where one can find different sellers selling local products and all villagers flocked at one place to buy the same. Guests can also learn The Ethnic Malvani cuisine with the company of host .Especially learn to cook food on mud stove and to cut vegetables on traditional equipment called ’adalha’.
2. Agro tourism Activities:
Take farming experiences like watering trees, plucking coconut and mangoes, practicing climbing on trees, peeling coconut, taking out water from well ,learning to use ‘ Laath’ a traditional equipment to source water for irrigation. Know various plants, watch birds, butterflies, flowers and visit cowshed, feed cows and milk them. Visit nearby paddy fields in the rainy season and take part in the farming activities.
3. Nature Tourism Activities:
Lush greenery, rustic roads flanked by fabulous mountains and beautiful trees give you feeling of being on different planet, miles away from hustle bustle of the city and leave you marveling at the glory of the nature. Stand in the beautiful natural water-stream in the farm and experience divine tranquility and abundance. Our place is paradise for enthusiastic bird watchers. Visit beaches, mangroves, back-waters, waterfall and preserved forest.
4. Cultural Tourism Activities:
Konkan region preserves grand tradition of village rituals called ‘Gav –Rathi’. Each activity has significance in itself. We introduce you to such activities while being performed as per the schedule of the village. Guests have opportunity to explore magnificent temples and learn the architecture of the same. We occasionally organize activities like Brahman Bhojan(Ritual of offering food to god) and different local festivals.
Site Seeing Programs:
Program 1: Based on traveling around property and visit different spots.
Evening – Visit Adinarayan Temple,an Ancient Sun Temple. Proceed to killeniwati and visit old fort and beach.
Morning – Visit Vithoba and Ravalnath Temples where one can witness rituals performed as per the schedule of the village. Proceed to Lotus Lake and Mauli Temple at Village Pat. Visit Khavane beach where we can perform numerous activities like boat ride, fishing, and swimming(subjects to weather). Walk through fishermen’s community and interact with them.
Evening – Take side walk on the bank of the Karli River and experience splendorous biodiversity of the nature. Visit ancient temple, built by Pandavas.
Morning – Proceed to forest which is preserved and not cut for centuries by local people.
or Proceed to visit Sindhudurg Fort.
Program 2: Based on relaxing within the property and enjoy some activities within the farm.
Evening – Take stroll in the Farm and obtain information on different medicinal plants and spices. Guests can have opportunity to plant trees in the farm. After spending some time in different farming activities, proceed to cow shed and milk cows.
Morning – Go for nature trail and visit Banyeshwar Temple on plateau. Then proceed to visit Heritage House and make your way through the village society Called ‘Avaath’. After coming back spend some time in the water stream next to the Farm. Guest can take natural message performed by fish and have movements full of luxury spreading legs in the water stream.
Evening – Visit Vithoba temple and Ravalnath temple where one can witness rituals performed as per the schedule of the village.
Morning – Take part in local way of cooking, especially learn to cut vegetables on traditional equipment and cook food on mud stove. Visit local school and understand the rural way of life.
Above programs are designed by Maachli homestay, however if guest has his own itinerary in mind proper guidance is provided on request. Maachli is nestled at such a place where guest can visit numerous places and enjoy nature for at least a week.
1. The Parking place is at the considerable distance from the property which minimizes sound and air pollution.
2. No tree is cut while selecting place to build Cottage. Certain plants which grow into thick forest are planted to contribute green layer of the earth.
3. The Spring water originated from hills which gathers in the well built up in the property, is used to cook food and for drinking. The spring water is considered healthy source of water.
4. The Local material is used to build cottages.
5. Villagers from surrounding area of the property come to serve guests, by taking out some time from there day to day bread earning activities. Maachli homestay helps them add income. Vegetables used for cooking are grown in the fields of village which contributes to village economy.
6. Biogas plant is implemented and Mud stove is used to cook food.
7. Water stream which flows through the farm is kept clean and conserved every year which increases water level of wells of surrounding area, directly benefitting villagers. The rain harvesting is done to boost water level of the earth.
8. Use of plastic is minimal.
9. Construction and use of cement is minimum.
10. CFL lights are used to save electricity.